'Get Living Where You're Living' is The Empire State's debut album. Recorded and released in 2011, it showcases the wide variety of influences that are evident in the band with every song being dramatically different from the last. From Sprignsteen to The Beatles to Johnny Cash to Ian Brown to Van Morrison to Ryan Adams to Tom Petty to Elbow to Motown to Jimi Hendrix and Masive Attack - it has all filtered down into this ambitious debut album.
released July 4, 2011
Album Produced by Christophe Bride & The Empire State
(except Track 12 - produced by Steven Jackson & The Empire State).
All tracks mixed by Christophe Bride.
Tracks 2,4,5,6,8 & 10 recorded by Basil Dales and Dave Styan.
Tracks 1,3,6,7,9,11 & 13 recorded by Christophe Bride.
Track 12 recorded by Steven Jackson.
1. The Old New One (Holden/Titley/Bamber/Sadler/Woodfield)
2. You Think You Wanna Know Why (Holden)
3. Where The Wild Ones Go (Titley)
4. Sleeping In The Car (Titley)
5. King of the Real World (Titley)
6. Keep It Down (Holden)
7. She'll Never Love You (Titley/Holden)
8. Strange Love (Titley)
9. Scars and Stains (Holden)
10. That Girl (Holden/Titley/Woodfield)
11. The Other Side of the Road (Titley)
12. Put in Your Place (Woodfield/Holden)
13. From Here to the Rest of the World (Titley)
The Empire State are:
Joe Holden (Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Guitars)
Ben Titley (Guitars, Backing Vocals, Lead Vocal on track 5, Bass & Drums on track 10)
Andrew Bamber (Piano, Organ, Synthesisers)
Gareth Woodfield (Drums, Backing Vocals, Percussion, Piano on tracks 4 & 5)
Dave Sadler (Bass)
Steve Childs - Saxophone
Bob Taylor - Trumpet
Christophe Bride - additional drums and synthesisers on track 13.
Horns arranged by Holden/Titley/Childs (track 6) and by Titley (Track 11).